A Well Managed City
"I love our community. I care deeply about our residents. My plan for our city embraces the need for thoughtful progress. It's a plan to build a better Kitchener, one where we respect each of your dollars invested in the services and community amenities you desire, as if they were our own."
Kitchener residents deserve to know that their tax dollars are being used as efficiently and effectively as possible. Over the past four years, together with my council colleagues, we have:
- Kept our taxes amongst the lowest in the province, while also investing in the services and infrastructure our community needs both today, and tomorrow.
- Implemented Multi-language interpretation support in over 200 languages to serve Kitchener residents.
- Introduced the My Kitchener online customer service portal to give Kitchener residents the information and services they need, when they need them.
- Mayor Vrbanovic was one of 40 mayors selected from around the world as part of the Harvard Bloomberg City Leadership Initiative Class of 2021-2022. This has provided world-class training for both him, members of staff and some members of City Council.
- Kitchener is one of 22 cities from Central, North and South America selected for the inaugural class of the Bloomberg Philanthropies City Data Initiative program in 2022-2023.
- Welcomed the donation from Penny and Manfred Conrad and the Conrad Family Foundation of the Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts.
- Have begun a comprehensive update of the City’s Arts & Culture Plan to guide us in this important area impacting both our local economy and our quality of life.