A Well Managed City
"I love our community. I care deeply about our residents. My plan for our city embraces the need for thoughtful progress. It's a plan to build a better Kitchener, one where we respect each of your dollars invested in the services and community amenities you desire, as if they were our own."
Kitchener residents deserve to know that their tax dollars are being used as efficiently and effectively as possible. Together with my council colleagues, I will work to ensure that:
- We will keep any tax adjustments at or below the rate of inflation.
- We will expand our successful participatory budgeting pilot program to additional neighbourhoods in the future.
- The city will take it’s commitment to excel in customer service to the next level by expanding our corporate contact centre to all departments as well as the creation of an online one-stop portal for residents wanting to access any municipal online service.
- We will continue our leadership position in the region on smart city initiatives to improve service delivery and cost effectiveness for our residents.
- We will increase our efforts to find efficiencies and cut red-tape to ensure we provide the best customer experience at the lowest possible cost.