On Economic Development
"We have one of the stongest economies in Canada and we must work diligently to ensure that employment oppportunities exist in the future for all members of our community. I will work to find ways to support our traditional manufacturing cluster while also encouraging development and new success in the arts & culture, biotechnology and digital media and knowledge creation clusters. "
Over the past four years Berry has…
- Continued to support strategic investments from the Economic development Investment fund, including the digital media hub which recently opened in The Tannery.
- Supported partnerships with the education sector including the new School of Pharmacy and the Medical School satellite campus.
- Through his work at FCM taken on policy issues like dealing with the ‘Buy America" clauses in the U.S., which hurt Canadian business.
- Continue to support a focus on the new economy while working with staff, business and labour to also focus on the traditional manufacturing sector and on ways to strengthen it where possible.
- Challenge our staff to continually find ways to improve our customer service to business investors, making it easy for people to choose Kitchener as a place to do business.